Seed Intern Application
The application for summer 2023 is now closed.
Learn more about the application process below.
Check Your Eligibility
YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY IF YOU:
- Are an undergrad student attending a college or university in the Puget Sound region (Pierce, King or Thurston County) or call the Puget Sound home and are enrolled in college pursuing an undergrad degree;
- Will have completed the equivalent of one year’s worth of college-level coursework before the summer internship begins;
- Will be in the Puget Sound area for the duration of the summer internship;
- Are currently 18 years old or older;
- Are eligible to work in the U.S.
The process to apply for Seed Internships is as follows:
- Complete the Seed Interest form. If you are eligible, we’ll email you a link to start your application.
- Use the link in your email to create a Seed account and start your Seed application.
- Complete and submit the Seed application.
Using the personalized link you receive by email, you’ll create a Seed account by adding an email, password, and phone number. Once you log in, you’ll find a task list with a link to start your Seed application. You’ll return to this task list for updates throughout the selection process.
Accessing the Seed Application Portal
Did you already create a Seed account? Check your inbox for the Seed Internships portal link to access and work on your application.
The Seed Internships application form has six sections:
- Basics. Name and contact information.
- Demographics. More about you and your background.
- College. High school and details about your college progress and areas of study.
- Matching. Your skills, experience and career preferences to help match you with internships.
- Resume + Essays. Your professional resume, headshot and short personal essays.
- Certify. Legal information and consent required to complete the process.
You can complete the first four sections in about 10 minutes.
To complete the remaining sections, you’ll need to upload a PDF copy of your professional resume and a headshot photo and prepare short essay responses before the application deadline.
The information you enter will be saved after you complete each page. After saving, you can leave and log back in to continue the application at any time.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or issues related to the application.
Applicants must submit all application components by December 21, 2022 at 11:59 pm. After an initial review, applicants are notified whether they will advance to the interview event by email on January 5, 2023. Invited candidates must confirm their attendance at the mandatory interview event by January 12, 2023.
Candidates attend the mandatory interview event hosted by Seed between January 23 – February 4. Applicants will be assigned to an interview event based on geographic location. All Pierce County and south King County applicants should mark February 4 on their calendar for the in-person interview event hosted at Pacific Lutheran University. Applicants attending school in north King County, Bellingham, eastern Washington or out of state will be invited to participate in a virtual interview the week of January 23.
Seed staff match candidates with employers using application materials and interview event feedback. Selected candidates are notified whether they have been matched for an official employer interview by email on a rolling basis between February 8 – March 1. Due to the fluid nature of matching and working alongside our employer partners to coordinate final interviews, this window may be extended.
Employers will reach out directly to candidates to coordinate interviews between March 6 – 31. Candidates may be matched to interview with up to two employers. Candidates who do not advance to employer interviews are notified by April 28.
*2022-2023 dates are subject to change.